Are you afraid to put your home on the market with the holidays approaching? There are a lot of misconceptions that lead sellers to believe that they’ll just have to wait until after the first of the year to put their home one the market. Let’s take a look at why selling now might just be the perfect time for you.
- First the obvious one. Nothing says, “Welcome home” to buyers, like a well-staged home that is decorated for the holidays.
- You’ll have a lot less competition out there as others decide not to list or even take their homes off the market.
- Is the party at your house? Your realtor can always make your home “temporarily not available for showing” during days of celebration.
- People who are shopping for homes instead of gifts are serious buyers. They are ready to buy now!
- Whether it’s for a job relocation or personal reasons, there are always people who have to move at any time of year. And if they’ve got older children, they more than likely want them in their new school before the spring semester starts.
- The “spring season” seems to be starting in January these days. Buyers may struggle to get a contract on a home in a market with limited inventory. Consequently, more sellers list after the first of the year to take advantage of eager buyers.
- If you put your home on the market during the holidays, more than likely you won’t be closing until after the first of the year.
If you have any questions about selling your home, or anything else having to do with real estate, it would be my privilege to help you.
Laura Bracklein, Keller Williams Premier Realty
Service you Deserve – A Realtor You Can Trust